Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Life class at Heatherleys

I am really enjoying these sessions. This is my portrait of the lovely Portugese model after two sessions -


Generally, I prefer to keep backgrounds simple, but Ian suggested painting the bold designs of the material which hung behind the model, and I'm glad I did.

The following photographs are of our new model after the first and second sessions.


She looks a little hard at the moment, partly because I used a dark colour to help me get a handle on placement of various features, such as eyebrows, but I think photographing paintings in the harsh lighting of the studio is also a problem. I shall need to be working on softening everything tonight, at the final session with this model.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u...



    Cheap Portrait Paintings – Gfmpainting

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!


    Cheap Portrait Paintings – Gfmpainting

    ReplyDelete