Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Back into the harness

As a result of a family holiday and moving house, I haven't had much of an opportunity to paint for a few weeks, which has been a bit frustrating. Still, it hasn't all been bad. Just as the removal van left our old house, the phone rang and I sold a painting!

Anyway, I'm now focusing on developing my art business. I have ordered some new business cards from Vistaprint, I am seeing a business development adviser tomorrow (provided as part of my voluntary redundancy package), and I am making good progress with a couple of commissions (which I am not at liberty to show here).

Instead, here are a couple of my recent soft pastel pieces from life class.

This one is my first attempt at drawing Claire, who is a fabulous model. Up until this point, I was unhappy with the likeness I was achieving from life but, with Claire, I made a conscious effort to slow myself down and to work on improving my drawing rather than completing a painting. I'm fairly pleased with the result from about a 2 hour session.


This is my second attempt at Claire. Again I worked slowly, and with a lighter touch, but the likeness is not so good. There is about one and a half hours work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment