Monday, 8 August 2011

Pulverize or persevere?

I am going to be movng house soon and I have been looking through some of my half completed paintings and wondering what I should do with them? Should I keep them and try to make something of them, or should I put them in the recycling bin?


Here is one of my experimental pastels, based on a photograph by Steve Evans, but with a few of my own ideas thrown in. I am keen to paint a black madonna in the near future, although I want to pick my own model and setting. This was a fairly quick sketch, which doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and there are some anatomical issues, but there are also bits I quite like.

As I shall be painting with the aim of making some money from it at some stage in the future, I'm thinking that I need to be much more focused and use my time more wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment