Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Getting into the Marketing Habit

On a number of occasions over the last few weeks, I have been in a position where handing out my card would have been a perfectly natural thing to do. The opportunities were missed because either I didn't have any cards on me (as I haven't yet got into the habit of carrying them) or I was embarrassed. Clearly, this has to change.

This morning I received an unexpected boost to my confidence and a timely reminder that cards are an important part of my new business. A gentleman who had called to give me a quote relating to my imminent house move expressed an interest in my work. It never occured to me to give him a card, until he asked for one. So thank you, Steve, (just in case you are reading this) for a much required kick up the business backside!

2 comments:

  1. What a great reminder - I must get some made up too (and actually give them out)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you must! Marketing our art has to be top of our "to do" lists.

    ReplyDelete