Thursday, 28 July 2011

Getting into the Marketing Habit Part 2

So, there I was in the supermarket and the lady at the till commented on the boxes of chocolates I was buying. I explained I was leaving work and they were for my colleagues. Then she asked if I had another job to go to and I took a deep breath and said I was going to paint for a living. Then she said that she and her husband were art lovers and often visited art exhibitions. Now, this is when I should have presented my card to her, with a flourish. Except I didn't have any on me - AGAIN! Hopefully, the penny will drop sometime soon.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Have you tried Vista Print - they are cheap and fast, but they do hassle you by email for ever afterwards (disposable email addresses are your friends)!

    Ahem, I still haven't sorted mine out either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rolina. Yes, I get my cards from Vistaprint and I was receiving e-mails virtually every day for a while. Disposable e-mail addresses??

    I'm hoping to move house soon so I'll need to get some more. We both need to get organised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a look at www.Moo.com as well, I have used them several times and have always been pleased, not that I even need cards but they are fun and you can have a different picture on each card - worth investigating at least. Anyway Julie, just wanted to wish you the very best of luck with your new venture, I have always enjoyed your posts on WC and you have bags of talent so I will enjoy sharing your journey, not without a smidgeon of envy I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina. Thank you for your link to Moo.com and for your support, which is much appreciated.

    I think the overall sentiment which has been expressed by people who know what I am doing is one of envy, whether they are fellow artists or not! I know I am lucky to have been given this opportunity and I don't want to squander it.

    My journey has been temporarily suspended whilst I sort out the house move, but it wll be full steam ahead after that.

    ReplyDelete