Wednesday, 6 July 2011

First lesson - Making Blogging Work

I'm the first to admit that I have little idea about what I'm doing with this blog. I know what I want to achieve, but I am nervous about the technology. What is available out there, how to use it and the potential advantages / disadvantages is something of a mystery to me, and a mystery that I am going to have to get to grips with asap!

I have already made some progress with blogging, in that less than 24 hours after I set up my blog on Artspan, I have jumped ship to Google. I like the format better, there are more options and facilities, and it all seems more straight forward to me. No more trying to size the images correctly, as it is done for me at the push of a button. Brilliant.

Now I need to work out what all the twiddly bits do. Please bear with me...I could be some time!  

4 comments:

  1. I MUCH prefer this blog and think you will have fun making it fit your needs. Heh, had to laugh, you have good taste, I chose the same skin for the background in mine, too (but have since personalised it)!

    I will enjoy following your lovely new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, I admire your courage in doing this. If I can help with your blog, please get in touch. I'm following you now so will follow your progress. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rolina. I think I might be some time before I have the skills to personalise anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, thank you for your kind offer. I took a look at your blog, which looks very professional, and your moody watercolours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete